5 Best Day Hiking Backpacks for Women
A Hiking Backpack is a foundational piece of gear and important if you are going to hike on a consistent basis. With a pack you’re able to take the essentials -which keeps you safe and comfortable while hiking. I see people quite often that will carry their water bottles and no pack. I am not a fan of this because it’s better to have two hands free (unless you’re using poles) in case you fall.
There are many options available in the marketplace, but with a little research, you will be able to find one that fits your needs perfectly. When shopping for hiking backpacks specifically designed for women, you need a backpack with the best features that will allow you to enjoy your hike while carrying everything you need.
Features of The Best Day Hiking Backpacks
The following are the features you should look for when purchasing a hiking backpack designed for women:
- A comfortable fit is essential: The straps should distribute the weight of the backpack evenly across your shoulders and back. The backpack should fit close to your body, allowing for a full range of motion when hiking.
- A lightweight backpack is important: This can help prevent you from becoming overburdened on a hike and will allow you to focus more energy on the task at hand, enjoying the hike.
- A waterproof backpack is a good idea, especially if you are hiking in an area where rain is common. This allows you to keep your gear and belongings dry even if it rains unexpectedly during your hike.
- A backpack with multiple pockets is a nice feature: This allows you to organize your gear and belongings without having to dig through the entire backpack while on the move.
- Finally, make sure the backpack can accommodate water bottles and/or a hydration bladder. My pack has a water hydration bladder and a hose. I still take water bottles as well. While I am hiking, I drink from the hose then on breaks I drink from my water bottle(s). On longer day hikes- 10 miles or so you want to bring along at least 4-5 liters. Generally speaking, the hydration bladders in day packs can carry 2 or 3 liters of water.
Osprey Skimmer 20 Hydration Pack
This Osprey backpack is specifically designed for women with its S-shaped shoulder straps that provide a comfortable and customized fit. This backpack also offers excellent ventilation and a women-specific sizing.
To help you stay hydrated on the trail, this pack is great because it comes with a 2.5-liter hydration bladder and hose. There is also an integrated rain cover for inclement weather. It also offers multiple pockets and compartments, perfect for keeping all of your gear organized which is essential when you are out on the trail.
G4Free 35L Hiking Backpack
This is one of the best day packs for women because of its lightweight and spacious design. The bag is durable and will withstand any terrain you go on. Plus, it has a water-resistant and breathable fabric that will keep you comfortable all day long.
When it is time to get some extra gear, this backpack can expand. You will love the fact that it comes with two front pockets and two side water bottle pockets. There is also a built-in rain cover for when the weather takes a turn. The straps are adjustable so you can get the perfect fit.
REI Co-op Trailbreak Backpack
REI has a great reputation for gear – this backpack is no exception. A bit pricier, but if you need more room and a sturdy structure then this pack could be perfect. This pack is lightweight and has an internal frame which is made from spring steel. You have a a spacious compartment at the top which can cinch tightly.
It has a roomy main compartment with a hydration port and barrier, making it easy to carry water. There is a compartment on the back of the pack that can be used for storing a rain jacket or other gear, and the front of the pack has loops for attaching gear. It has adjustable strips to keep the pack balanced and comfortable on you while you hike.
The North Face Women’s Mini Pack
This frameless backpack is perfect if you’re going out for an urban hike or a shorter hike on the trail. This pack has an attractive design, and is lightweight with various compartments. There is room for two water bottles- but it does not have a place for a hydration bladder. The shoulder straps are adjustable to keep the bag from sliding down on your back for a more comfortable fit.
FENGDONG 40L Waterproof Hiking Backpack
This backpack is made with water-resistant nylon material, providing you with peace of mind knowing your belongings are protected from water. The adjustable shoulder straps and hip belt provide you with a comfortable fit so that your backpack will not bounce or shift while on the move.
Additionally, this backpack features multiple pockets for organizing your belongings, as well as a built-in rain cover for extra protection against the elements.
Summary of the Best Women’s Backpacks
You should never have to sacrifice comfort for style or function when you hit the trails, and with one of these best day hiking backpacks for women, you won’t have to.
This list of our favorite packs should give you a great head start on choosing the best pack for your needs. Have others that you’d recommend? Would love to hear your comments-please leave below!